Broccoli Cheddar Twice Baked Potatoes might sound indulgent, but I used nonfat Greek yogurt and a generous dose of veggies to give this comfort food dish a healthy makeover. These twice-baked potatoes are protein packed (13 grams per serving) and have your day’s worth of Vitamin C due to the full serving of broccoli! These potatoes would pair great with a hearty lentil soup, a salad topped with fresh fruit, or a serving of roasted chicken. They are also a snap to make, because the first bake is done in the microwave. So what are you waiting for?
Broccoli Cheddar Twice Baked Potatoes with Greek Yogurt (inspired by this recipe)
medium to large Russet Potatoes
- 1/2 cup
nonfat, plain Greek yogurt (I used Oikos Organic)
- 1/4 cup
- 2 cups
broccoli, chopped (I used frozen)
- 1/4 cup
shredded cheddar cheese, separated (I used mild, but medium or sharp would be best)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- While the oven is preheating, puncture the potato multiple times with a fork, and bake in the microwave. I heated both potatoes up together on a plate for 5 minutes on high, then flipped them and cooked for another 5 minutes. Cooking times will vary, so just cook until soft.
- Once potatoes are cooked, slice them in half lengthwise.
- Scoop the potato flesh out of each of the four potato halves and put them in a bowl, leaving four skins. I removed the potato flesh by scoring the potato like an avocado. The skins don’t need to be sturdy.
- Place the four empty skins alongside each other on a greased baking sheet.
- In the bowl, use a fork to mash the potato. Add the Greek yogurt, milk, broccoli and about half of the cheese, and stir well to combine.
- Once the potato and broccoli mixture is well combined with a mashed potato consistency, scoop out the mixture and evenly divide it onto the four potato skins.
- Evenly sprinkle the remaining cheese on top, and bake for about 20 minutes. Enjoy!
Per serving: 224 calories, 2.6g fat (1.5g saturated), 11.6mg cholesterol, 99.3mg sodium, 1132g potassium, 38g carbohydrates (4.6g fiber, 5.4g sugar), 13g protein, 8.1%Vitamin A, 99.9% Vitamin C, 18% Calcium, 10.7% Iron
Nutrition Facts were estimated using MyFitnessPal using the following ingredients: