Now that Thanksgiving has passed, Christmas shopping season is in full swing. Do you have any health conscious friends or loved ones still left to shop for? This gift guide is full of great gift ideas to inspire healthy lifestyle choices.
Part 2: The Nutrition Nut: As promised, here is part 2 of my holiday gift guide. These gifts are my picks for anyone with an interest in nutrition and healthy eating, including those in the nutrition field. I am sure that my fellow RDs would be more than happy to see any of these picks under the tree!
- “You are what you eat” T shirt, $22: I love the illustration on this fun and funky tee, which I first spotted A Piece of Toast fashion blog. Wear it with pride, and remind others that what you put into your body is a conscious decision, as well as a fun one.
- “An Apple a Day” 18×14 print, $29: This cute print is a cheery reminder to nourish the body, and would be a perfect inspirational piece for the kitchen. This would also look great in the office of any health professional.
- Caloric Cuvee Wine Glass, $20: While I don’t recommend pulling this out for important guests, this wine glass does make a great educational tool. Although this is not meant to encourage unhealthy calorie-counting fixations, it is a great reminder that alcoholic calories add up quickly, and should be accounted for when monitoring health.
- Vegetable iPhone Case, $35: This cute and colorful case is a great way to give veggies the attention they deserve. For something a little more cheeky, see this case. Available for the iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4, 4S, and 5.
- Rubbermaid Salad Kit, $13: There are several different on-the-go salad containers on the market, but I love how this particular model has a tray for toppings in addition to a dressing container. I don’t have a portable salad kit yet, but with over 100 5-star reviews, this would be my pick.
- The Food You Crave: Luscious Recipes for a Healthy Life (2008), $28: This James Beard and IACP award winner should be a staple in every healthy kitchen. My copy is bookmarked out the wazoo! Ellie Krieger is a Registered Dietitian, and provides ample nutrition information for each of her creative and flavorful recipes. She also has two newer cookbooks: So Easy (2009), and Comfort Food Favorites (2010).
Did you miss part 1 of my healthy gift guide? Then check out gifts for Farmers Market Foodies here. Happy shopping!
You must be logged in to post a comment.