UPDATED ON 03-09-2014 WITH NEW PHOTOS!
Broccoli Cheddar Twice Baked Potatoes might sound indulgent, but I used nonfat Greek yogurt and a generous dose of veggies to give this comfort food dish a healthy makeover. These twice-baked potatoes are protein packed (13 grams per serving) and have your day’s worth of Vitamin C due to the full serving of broccoli! These potatoes would pair great with a hearty lentil soup, a salad topped with fresh fruit, or a serving of roasted chicken. They are also a snap to make, because the first bake is done in the microwave. So what are you waiting for?
Broccoli Cheddar Twice Baked Potatoes with Greek Yogurt (inspired by this recipe)
- 2 medium to large Russet Potatoes
- 1/2 cup nonfat, plain Greek yogurt (I used Oikos Organic)
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 2 cups broccoli, steamed and chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, separated
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- While the oven is preheating, puncture the potato multiple times with a fork, and bake in the microwave. I heated both potatoes up together on a plate for 5 minutes on high, then flipped them and cooked for another 5 minutes. Cooking times will vary, so just cook until soft.
- Once potatoes are cooked, slice them in half lengthwise.
- Scoop the potato flesh out of each of the four potato halves and put them in a bowl, leaving four skins. I removed the potato flesh by scoring the potato like an avocado. The skins don’t need to be sturdy.
- Place the four empty skins alongside each other on a greased baking sheet.
- In the bowl, use a fork to mash the potato. Add the Greek yogurt, milk, broccoli and about half of the cheese, and stir well to combine.
- Once the potato and broccoli mixture is well combined with a mashed potato consistency, scoop out the mixture and evenly divide it onto the four potato skins.
- Evenly sprinkle the remaining cheese on top, and bake for about 20 minutes.
Nutrition per serving: 224 calories, 2.6g fat (1.5g saturated), 11.6mg cholesterol, 99.3mg sodium, 1132g potassium, 38g carbohydrates (4.6g fiber, 5.4g sugar), 13g protein, 8.1%Vitamin A, 99.9% Vitamin C, 18% Calcium, 10.7% Iron
5 thoughts on “Broccoli Cheddar Twice Baked Potatoes, made with Greek Yogurt”
Were they as amazing as the original?
I tweaked the original to make these, so I’m not sure. But mine are pretty darn tasty 🙂 I would recommend sharp cheddar.
Comments are closed.